Join us this July Market for cocktails and conversation. Mike Franz, Senior Bartender at Red Phone Booth will present a session featuring several tastings of Red Phone Booth's classic cocktails from the prohibition era, plus a glimpse into the origins and history of each specialty drink. Before July Market, enjoy Red Phone Booth's Smoked Old Fashioned with the recipe below.
Red Phone Booth's Smoked Old Fashioned
Red Phone Booth is a speakeasy concept in Atlanta and Nashville that features craft cocktails. They take a classic cocktail, like the Old Fashioned, and go the extra mile to create an unforgettable experience.
Be sure to visit them in Downtown Atlanta's iconic Dailey's building on Andrew Young International Boulevard.
1 orange 1 lemon Luxardo Maraschino Cherries 1 sugar cube Angostura Bitters Club soda 2 oz. of your preferred bourbon or rye Ice
1. Pre-chill a rocks glass This step is especially important if you plan on smoking the cocktail
2. Take a fresh orange and lemon peel and fillet away any bitter pith. Place in chilled glass
3. Add a cherry, we prefer imported Luxardo Maraschino Cherries
4. Add one sugar cube Overly processed sugar can ruin an old fashioned. We use La Perruche Pure cane Rough cut White Sugar Cubes
5. Add a few dashes of bitters (enough to soak the sugar cube) We prefer to use the classic Angostura Bitters
6. Add a splash of club soda This helps dissolve the sugar more effectively than if done with alcohol
7. Muddle all of the above combined ingredients
8. Add two ounces of your favorite bourbon or rye
9. Place a pinch of seasoned hickory wood into a stainless steel sink screen and set it ablaze with a chefs Brulé torch or any good cigar torch
10. Place an inverted similar sized glass a top to condense the smoke
11. After it is thick with smoke, the smoking apparatus and upper glass can be removed
12. Use the best ice available We prefer double pass reverse osmosis colorless odorless tasteless clear ice in the shape of a sphere. Allow the rim on the glass to cool for a moment before drinking.
We finish our drink off by branding the ice and using a syringe to fill the brand with just a touch more bitters.
Everyday Korean Recipes: Kimchi Bacon Mac and Cheese
January 2019 Market Preview
The Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market® July
ShowroomsJuly 9 - 15, 2019
TemporariesJuly 10 - 14, 2019
July 2019 Market Preview
The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market® will present more than 8,000 brands across all categories of gift and home décor at its summer 2019 staging, July 9-15, 2019 at AmericasMart® Atlanta.